Wāhine/women and people with a cervix aged 25 to 69, who have ever had intimate skin-to-skin contact or any sexual activity, no matter their sexual orientation.
Visit the Te Whatu Ora website for current information about NCSP HPV Primary Screening:
The information below is provided only as archive reference material.
People should be encouraged to participate in the NCSP if they are a wāhine/woman or person with a cervix, aged 25 to 69, who:
- has ever had intimate skin-to-skin or any sexual activity (even if they haven’t been sexually active for decades)
- has only had non-penetrative sex (i.e., oral sex)
- is straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, or queer
- is transgender, gender diverse, or non-binary and has a cervix
- has only been with one sexual partner
- has had the HPV vaccination or not
- is pregnant or has had a baby
- has been through menopause.
The impact from register on eligibility – Coming Soon
In this section
Page last updated: 15 June 2023