- Screening Matters Newsletter
The National Screening Unit newsletter
In this issue:
- Training for DHB staff on new newborn hearing screening equipment and protocols
- E-colposcopy now live in seven DHBs
- The importance of timely newborn metabolic screening
- Maternal weight’s role in risk calculation for Down syndrome and other conditions
- Two new NCSP appointments
- Changes underway for antenatal HIV screening
- Gathering good quality ethnicity data
- New senior portfolio manager for BreastScreen Aotearoa
Two new NCSP appointments
Previously, Helen had roles at the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners, the Health and Disability Commissioner and the Law Commission. She is looking forward to working alongside the sector to progress the programme.
And Jo Rae has joined NCSP as a senior analyst service development.
Jo was a physiotherapist for 15 years. She joined ACC in 2012, where she worked in health procurement as part of the clinical review team and then as a category manager, looking after ACC’s acute funding to district health boards.
Jo will be working with her team on a variety of NCSP service development improvement initiatives.
To receive the Screening Matters newsletter by email, fill out our sign-up form.