- Screening Matters Newsletter
The National Screening Unit newsletter
In this issue:
- New Zealand’s approach to equity in screening interests NHS
- September is Cervical Screening Awareness Month!
- Innovative approach increases cervical screening numbers
- New breast screening provider in the south
- New appointments for BreastScreen Aotearoa
- Keeping ahead of advances in screening
- Declining a smear or withdrawal from the NCSP
- New framework for equitable health care for Māori
- Loud Shirt Day
New breast screening provider in the south
The new service, called BreastScreen Otago Southland Ltd (BSOS), is provided by Pacific Radiology Group. BSOS is in place after the Southern District Health Board (DHB) withdrew from providing the breast screening service.
Women and general practices have been told of the change and information has been transferred to the new provider to ensure there is no interruption to scheduling of appointments. There will be no changes to the screening sites in Dunedin and Invercargill and mobile services will continue.
Pacific Radiology Group, Southern DHB and the National Screening Unit worked together to transition to the new service. For any queries, phone 0800270200.
To receive the Screening Matters newsletter by email, fill out our sign-up form.