- Screening Matters Newsletter
The National Screening Unit newsletter
In this issue:
- Newborn hearing screening picks up profound hearing loss
- Health literacy study has learnings for cervical screening
- NCSP coverage rate nears 80 percent target
- Newborn Metabolic Screening Programme Monitoring Update
- Screening for Down syndrome and other conditions - information for practitioners
- Pacific Radiology new Southern district breast screening provider
- NCSP monitoring reports now available
- National breast cancer conference in June
NCSP monitoring reports now available
Eight indicators are monitored in biannual reports. They are:
- first screening events
- withdrawal rates
- early re-screening
- laboratory indicators
- follow up women with high-grade cytology, no histology
- colposcopy indicators
- HPV tests.
The NCSP also reports annually on four programme indicators and cervical cancer incidence and mortality rates. Biannual monitoring reports 35 (Jan-Jun 2011), 36 (July-Dec 2011) and 37 (Jan-Jun 2012) and the annual monitoring report 2010/11 are now available here.
To receive the Screening Matters newsletter by email, fill out our sign-up form.