Newborn Metabolic Screening Programme Technical Group
The Newborn Metabolic Screening Programme (NMSP) Technical Group supports the National Screening Unit to provide high quality and accessible screening.
NMSP Technical Group meets as required by the NMSP workplan.
Role of the NMSP Technical Group
The role of the NMSP Technical Group includes providing advice to the NSU on:
- NMSP monitoring and evaluation reports
- Technical and clinical aspects of the NMSP
- New technologies and tests
- Proposed research
- Changes to the screening panel
- Other areas of the NMSP as agreed by the Group and the NSU.
- The Group shares responsibility with the NSU for providing liaison back to their respective formal bodies and constituencies.
- The Group is comprised of members who collectively will have wide knowledge and experience of the NMSP, including representation from:
- Newborn metabolic screening technical experts
- Midwife/LMC (with endorsement from the New Zealand College of Midwives)
- NMSP Director
- Metabolic Physician
- Public Health Physician
- Laboratory Manager
- Other members co-opted as required.
Meetings are also attended by members of the NSU.
Page last updated: 12 November 2015